Sunday, August 24, 2014

Answer Me This... Did I sleep in?


1. What is your favorite picture book?
Growing up it was definitely Panda Cake... even though as I got older and reflected on it some of the decisions our supposed hero is making aren't exactly correct. (It's a Peter Rabbit scenario.) But the beat is delightful and the pictures charming. 

My favorite picture books in my classroom are the Pete the Cat books by James Dean and I think my kiddos would agree! Pete is helpful, energetic, and a good friend. Even when he is nervous, gloomy, or a little scared. 

Even when he has the blues and is grumpy, he still talks to his friends and treats them in a kind manner, totally cool! 


2. Are you a boycotter?
Not really. Unless I know that money from a product is going directly to something I have moral qualms with, than I much don't care. I do think that even CEOs and company owners are entitled to have their opinions and those opinions are allowed to be different than mine. I do however tend to choose companies whose company objectives I find admirable. It doesn't mean I'm boycotting the others, just playing favorites I guess.

3. How do you feel about cheese?
Cheese is one of the major food groups right? There have been occasions where I made an entire meal of cheese. Especially in college when the cheese cubes left over from an event were just given to the desk worker on duty at the time. Cheese is amazing, and it took up a good third of my cooler flying to Barter Island this year.

4. How many pairs of sunglasses do you own?
Zero. They pinch my head and give me a headache. I can't wear glasses, goggles, headbands, tight ponytails, or constricting hats because any sort of pressure on my head results in a headache. And I've paid the price by getting one of my eyes sunburned. Fun fact, that never really goes away, it fades and then comes back at the drop of a hat to make it appear you have pink eye.

5. How long has it been since you went to the dentist?
An embarrassingly long time. I've not lived in the same state as my dentist for five (going on six) years. I keep missing my appointment or failing to schedule one when I'm in town. It's been at least two-and-a-half years.

6. If you could visit any religious site in the world, where would you go?
Hmmm... my first instinct is to say Vatican City but.... I've got a big trip with my mother 'planned' to go to the Camino de Santiago. So probably that. :)

I had plans for today but slept much longer than expected, so I'll likely write another post this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment