Saturday, September 7, 2013

The Early September Classroom Re-Evaluation

I think it happens for many teachers. At least it is happening to the teachers here, you are a few weeks into school and have decided that this method doesn't work, that subject needs more attention, or maybe I should completely rearrange my room. No, I'm not rearranging (too many pieces of furniture that I can't figure out a better place for) and I'm not devoting more time to a subject (I essentially have a 90 minute program) but my methods are getting worked over. I think that I have been applying logic that I would use with older students to my littles. It doesn't help that I seem to top out at six students (I have 8 enrolled) and I have nine centers! Elementary is also coming together to add Daily 5 into our routine so I decided to have Daily 2. I'll read to them and they'll read to a buddy.
Outside the classroom my time has been getting filled with different community/ cultural events, polar bear watching, and lesson planning. I like all those things but I also need the small group cozy gatherings (we did have a game night!) and a little 'me' time. Now that I am falling more into the planning groove though I think that I'll get some unscheduled time to relax and read or write. I hope to get some paints up here before winter too.

No comments:

Post a Comment