Friday, March 11, 2016

Five for Friday Redux

Hello, I'm back in the big wide world of educational blogging! Read now because I may disappear into internet corners once more...
I'm recommitting to the link up known as Five for Friday! This Linky Party is brought to you by Doodle Bugs Teaching! I wasn't thinking about this party most of the week and unfortunately it kind of shows in my choices.


SNOW DAY!!!
In Arctic if you don't come out to play in snow, snow comes in to play with you...

Just because I technically have to go to work on my snow days doesn't mean I can't be excited about them. I've always loved snow days and that holds just as true now that I'm a teacher.



The thing I've noticed my Kindergarteners struggling with the most is writing. In an attempt to fix a problem before it ever exists I'm working on nurturing positive writing thoughts in my preschoolers. I'm beginning what I call 'Wonderful Writing Wednesdays'. It consists simply of me giving the students a simple book and asking them to write something. That way by the time they get to Kindergarten they will hopefully see themselves as writers.


 Is it possible to have too many books?

If you said anything other than, 'No' you've inadvertently wound up on the wrong blog.

I'm spending lots and lots and lots of time scanning, tagging, and sorting all of my classroom books. I have weeded quite a few for other teachers to avail themselves of.



Speaking of books my kids have recently discovered Elephant and Piggie and they are a bit in love. We must have read We Are in a Book a dozen times on Monday! My Kindergarteners are fiercely possessive of these books and I find them squirreled away in the oddest places.
If you're reading this Mo Willems, Thank you!


There's Calamari in my Closet and it wants me to clean!

Cleeeeeeeeaaaaannnnnn.....

Actually I've read part of that book that half the disorganized world has read, The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up. The method in the book is called KonMari but my roommate changed it to Calamari and my neighbor made that into the verb squidding... so they you have it.

Anyway I used the aforementioned snow day to do some squidding in my classroom storage closet, giving up quite a bit.




1 comment:

  1. I have a HUGE book problem in my life too. I can never say no to a book and it has resulted in an overrun of my classroom!

    Primary on the Prowl

    ReplyDelete